Three photographs depicting: one, four men playing instruments; two, a group of people in front of a large building; and, three, a band in full uniform.
This collection processed by Beth Whitlock in July, 2017.
Open to researchers without restrictions.
Opened in Athens in 1829, the Georgia Factory was situated on the North Oconee River. The village of Whitehall grew up around the mill after John White took over management of the mill in 1837. He evidently became owner with son John Richards White taking over the operation.
Whitehall Georgia Photograph collection, MSS 016.030, Heritage Room, Athens-Clarke County Library, Athens, GA, USA
Three photographs from Whitehall, Georgia around the 1910's and 1920's.
This collection is open to the public. Library policy on photography and photocopying will apply. Advance notice may be required. Apply in the Heritage Room for access.